Indianapolis –Indiana Right to Life PAC today announced its endorsement of Todd Rokita for Attorney General. Rokita is a long-time advocate for the unborn, compiling a 100% pro-life voting record as a member of Congress. In addition, Rokita was endorsed by IRTL-PAC during his two terms as Secretary of State.
Rokita’s voting record in Congress includes:
- Voting for the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act to establish a permanent, government-wide policy against funding for abortions.
- Voting for the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to generally prohibit abortion after 20 weeks fetal age and to provide substantial new protections for infants born alive during abortions.
- Voting for the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act to enact an explicit requirement that a baby born alive during an abortion must be afforded the same degree of care that would be afforded to any other child born alive.
- Voting for passage of the Defund Planned Parenthood Act to prohibit federal funds from going to America’s largest abortion business, Planned Parenthood.
- Voting to amend federal law to clarify that states may, at their option, exclude abortion providers from the federal-state Medicaid program.
“Todd Rokita is the pro-life choice for attorney general,” states Indiana Right to Life PAC chairman Mike Fichter. “We have absolute certainty that he will strongly defend Indiana’s pro-life laws in the courts, including future laws as well as those laws already being challenged in the federal courts.”
# # #